With Thanksgiving rapidly approaching here in the United States, everyone’s starting to plan their holiday menu.
There’s always some version of sweet potatoes on our family’s holiday table, whether it’s candied yams, sweet potato pie, or baked sweet potatoes slathered in cinnamon sugar and butter.
Oh my, I think I put on 5 pounds just thinking about it.
Because so many of us consider our dogs to be part of the family, I strongly believe they shouldn’t be left out of the holiday festivities. That’s why I want to share this oh so simple, healthy, and delicious recipe for vegan and grain-free sweet potato cookies for dogs.
As you can see, there are limited ingredients in this recipe, and they’re all wholesome and healthy. You may even have them in your kitchen already.
Even if you don’t, make a list and run out to the market right away, because according to my girl, Nike, when you mix them all together, they make one delicious cookie.
This blog post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you. Thank you for supporting my blog and small business!
If you really want to make these cookies special for Thanksgiving, you might consider using these adorable pumpkin cookie cutters. Or how about this pilgrim cookie cutter set! Both are perfect for your dog’s Turkey Day treats!
These vegan & grain-free sweet potato cookies will definitely put a smile on your mutt’s face. I mean, look at this face.
- 2 4-ounce jars of Sweet Potato Baby Food
- 1 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- 3. The mixture may be a bit crumbly; if necessary, add a little more coconut oil.
- 4. Turn the mixture out on a floured surface and roll out to a 1/4" thickness.
- 5. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes and place on a cookie sheet.
- 6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool before serving.
Is your dog a fan of sweet potatoes? If so, you’ll definitely want to try this recipe soon! Come back and leave a comment for me, letting me know what you and your dog thought of the treats! I’d love to hear about your experience!