They say the kitchen is the heart of the home. That’s never more true than during the summer, when friends spontaneously stop by, kids and dogs in tow. At my house, it seems we always gather in the kitchen.
Before summer gets into full swing, why not take a minute to create an inviting space you’ll want to entertain in and your guests will love.
It all starts with products you’re proud to display, which is why you should grab this free kit of Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap, hand soap, and lotion + replaceable head dish brush with your first order of $20 from Grove Collaborative.
With these products and the tips below, you’ll be ready to open your kitchen — and the rest of your home — to guests this summer.
10 Ways to Get Ready for Summer Entertaining
- Hand wash summer accessories that have been in the cabinet all winter. Grove’s replaceable head dish brush has curved bristles and a sturdy bamboo handle that’s perfect for washing pitchers, platters, and prep boards.
- Wipe down the counters to create a clean and tidy space for food prep and serving impromptu midnight snacks. All you need is some warm soapy water and a microfiber cloth. I love the ones from Grove because they have a hanging corner for easy drying and storage.
- Your sink gets a workout during the summer, from washing grilling utensils to cutting flowers. Make sure it’s up to the task by giving it a good scrub with a paste of baking soda and Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap.
- Set up a beautiful sink side experience that makes everyone happy. Mrs. Meyer’s soaps and lotions come in a variety of cheerful scents like honeysuckle, lavender, and lemon verbena that guests of all ages will love.
- Everyone’s always hungry after a day at the pool or beach. Now is a great time to stock up on supplies like Bees Wrap and Grove reusable snack bags for storing cut-up fruit, cheese, and pretzels!
- Make sure your blender is ready for fresh fruit smoothies or frozen cocktails. Simply add a drop or two of dish soap and two cups of water and blend on high for 30 seconds. Then pour out the suds, rinse, and dry with a microfiber cloth.
- Punch up your home decor with a pop of happy color, from new throw pillows to a fresh kitchen towel. I’m feeling inspired by lush greens like Grove’s garden tea towel.
- Create an inviting entryway with plenty of space for guests to stash sandals, hats, and pool gear. I like to stash my Full Circle dust pan and brush from Grove near the front door for quick cleanup of dirt and grass clippings.
- The powder room is a small space, which means a little bit of effort goes a long way. Freshen it up for summer by laundering and fluffing up the rug, putting out a fresh hand towel, and switching out the hand soap and lotion for a summery scent.
- Once you’ve submitted your Grove order, you’ll be signed up for the free 60 day VIP trial. The VIP program is a great way to keep your home streamlined all summer, with perks like free shipping, free gifts, price matching, exclusive sales and personal service. Now, it’s time to light a rose candle and enjoy the quiet while it lasts… before summer entertaining season begins!
Now if you’re already a Grove customer, there’s something special for you, too! Instead of the free Mrs. Meyer’s goodies, you’ll get a Grove walnut scrubber sponge! Just click here to learn more!