Last week I read that Americans will spend $703 million this Valentine’s Day… on their pets! Isn’t that astounding?
Don’t get me wrong. I love my 4-legged babies and I spend more than a little bit of money on them each year. I know you do, too.
Taking proper care of pets is an expensive undertaking, to say the least, when you factor in vet bills, good pet foods, training, and quality toys.
But Valentine’s Day? $703 million? Really? I don’t know about you but I’m thinking my dogs will be happier with something a little less expensive and a lot yummier than anything I can pick up at Target.
Like these heart shaped cranberry cookies, for instance.
This article contains affiliate links which means that if you use these links to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!
These adorable little cookies are the perfect treat for Valentine’s Day, and they’re made up of simple, wholesome, dog-friendly ingredients. Whipping up a batch of these is a great way to spend a snowy afternoon with your dog.
Now this is how you hygge with your dog!
By the way, if you’re looking for cute cookie cutters to make these little treats really special, let me recommend some really adorable ones. I love these dog-themed cookie cutters, and this romantic cookie cutter set is perfect for Valentine’s Day.
But wait… there’s more! I’ve got a little Valentine’s Day freebie for you! Remember the adorable little Valentines we used to trade with our classmates in grade school? Well, I’ve created some cute little cards, gift tags, stickers, and more just for you!
Just take a peek below to see what I mean.
So cute, right? Click here to get your freebie now! I recommend printing on 32 lb. copy paper or even card stock, but of course they can be printed on ordinary, everyday copy paper if that’s all you’ve got on hand.
Also, be sure to check out these great ideas for ways to DIY with your dog this Valentine’s Day!
And now for the main event: these adorable heart shaped cranberry cookies for dogs!
- 2 Eggs
- 1.5 Cups Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 3-4 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Beat the eggs and set aside
- Combine almond flour, coconut oil, and dried cranberries in a bowl.
- Add in the eggs and knead the ingredients with your hands. Dough will be wet and sticky.
- Add in the coconut flour one tablespoon at a time to achieve a consistency that is easy to roll out and not overly sticky. This should take approximately 3-4 TBSP.
- Roll out the dough and cut out the treats using heart shaped cookie cutters.
- Place the treats on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until crisp.
Have You Tried This Recipe Yet?
Tell me about your experience in a comment below or, better yet, stop by my private Facebook group for dog moms and join in the conversation there!