Summer is the perfect time to go green in the laundry room, and going green means a healthier planet for you and your dogs!
Chances are your laundry basket is already overflowing with beach towels, wet bathing suits, and other evidence of summer fun. The good news is that when it comes to tackling stains and smells, natural alternatives can be just as effective as the products you’re currently using, but they’re a lot kinder to the world we live in.
Not only is a green laundry routine a great way to create a healthier home for you and your entire family, dogs included, but it can also save you a ton of money in the long run. Keep reading as I give you some tips for going green in the laundry room this summer!
This article contains affiliate links which means that if you use these links to make a purchase, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you. Thank you for supporting my blog!
First, grab this FREE set of method free & clear laundry packs + Grove wool dryer balls + free shipping and 60 day VIP trial with your first order of $20 from Grove Collaborative.
Then follow these simple tips to go green in the laundry room:
- The lazy days of summer are here, so I appreciate anything that makes my life easier. Laundry packs are truly effortless — no drips, no spills, no measuring. Toss a few in your suitcase for doing laundry on summer road trips instead of lugging around a bottle of detergent.
- Soaking clothes overnight can help loosen grass stains and and other summertime messes. Simply fill your washing machine with water, add your detergent and clothes, and let everything soak overnight while you sleep. In the morning, hit “start” and say goodbye to stains.
- White-on-white looks great with a tan — but not so good with deodorant and sunblock stains. Chlorine-free bleach is a great way to keep whites fresh without the “bleachy” smell.
- Take advantage of breezy days and line dry your laundry. Instead of rushing, savor the small moments: the feel of sunshine on your face, the sight of laundry flapping in the breeze, and the smell of sun-dried clothing. My dogs love to run circles around me as I hang our laundry out to dry!
- For those items that still need to go in the dryer, using wool dryer balls can cut down on waste (no more dryer sheets!), make your laundry softer, and speed up drying time. Your clothes and your energy bill will thank you!
- Customize a laundry scent that will make you smile every time you get a whiff of your clothing. Just pick your favorite essential oils and apply a few dabs to your wool dryer balls for a fresh load of laundry. Remember to consider which oils are safe for use around pets.
- Mix up your own natural linen spray by combining 1 oz. witch hazel with 10 drops of your favorite Grove essential oil and 3 oz. of water in a spray bottle. Spritz onto freshly laundered sheets, towels, and pajamas. I love using lavender essential oil for this!
- Never run out of detergent again! Grove Collaborative delivers all your favorite natural household and personal care products right to your doorstep, on your schedule. Once you’ve submitted your first order, you’ll be signed up for the free 60 day VIP trial. For 60 days, you’ll get free shipping, free gifts, price matching, exclusive sales, and personal service. I promise, you’ll love it.
I can’t tell you how much Grove Collaborative has simplified the way I take care of my home and family, and how easy they’ve made it to go green in the laundry room.
Get started with Grove Collaborative now and don’t miss out on this month’s amazing FREEBIE. If you’re already a Grove customer, you can grab some free Walnut Scrubber Sponges right now!
Want a little summertime music to get your pumped for laundry day? Check out my Summer Sounds playlist from Amazon Music. If these songs don’t put you in a summer frame of mind, I don’t know what will!