As a dog mom, I know the importance of daily walks for my girls. Getting out of the house for a nice, long walk is a great way not only to get much needed exercise and fresh air, but it also gives my dogs a chance to experience the outside world.
It’s super important to be prepared when taking your dog for a walk. It’s not as simple as just grabbing a leash and a dog and heading out the door. It takes a little bit of forethought and planning. That’s why I’ve put together a few of the dog walking essentials that I take with me on each and every walk, and I’m sharing it with you today.
Dog Walking Essentials
1) Good walking shoes. The first item on my list of must-have dog walking essentials is a great pair of shoes for me. I want to be comfortable, and I need a shoe that will keep up with my active dogs.
I recently had the opportunity to give Icebugs a try, and I found them to be super comfortable, stylish, and perfect for the many terrains that my dogs and I encounter on our walks.
I’ve been wearing the ANIMA L RB9X, pictured below. This is a running shoe, but it’s also great for dog walking in any weather conditions. These shoes are lightweight, easy on and off, and as you can see, they’re also gorgeous.
But if you’re not a fan of the bright pink, which Icebug calls peony, no worries. There are lots of different colors and styles to choose from. Click here to find an Icebug retailer in your area.
2) Mini flashlight. If you’re walking your dog at night, it’s always a good idea to have a flashlight with you. This little one is easy to manage and can even attach to your dog walking bag (see below).
3) A good leash. I love the super high quality of these leashes from Karma Collars. Their collars are amazing, too.
4) A harness. I written about Puppia harnesses before. Both of my dogs wear them every day. They’re soft and flexible, machine washable, and come in so many amazing colors.
5) Portable water bottle. I love this one because it’s a bottle and a dish in one. Super easy to keep your mutt hydrated on your walk.
6) Poop bags. The importance of these cannot be over-emphasized. Please clean up after your dog!
7) Pepper spray. I wish this weren’t necessary, but you just never know when it might come in handy. Be prepared to protect yourself and your dog!
What are your dog walking essentials? I’d love for you to share them with me in a comment below.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and then make a purchase, we may receive a teeny tiny commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligated to make your purchase using our links but when you do, an amazing thing happens: you get something super awesome and we make a little pocket change. We call that a win-win!
Icebug sent us these shoes free of charge in exchange for our unbiased review. The Lazy Pit Bull only promotes products and services we truly love and believe our readers and friends will also love. Icebug is not responsible for the content of this review post.