Over the last couple of weeks, we’ve been talking a lot about how to get prepared to add a new dog to your family. Whether you’re considering a puppy or an adult dog, there’s much to do before you bring your new pet home. We provided a list of 7 things every new dog parent should do before getting a dog, and our puppy starter kit, a list of must-have supplies you’ll need for your pup or adult dog.
But what about some fun stuff? Bringing a new dog into your home doesn’t have to be all boring pee pads, food bowls, and crates. Yes, your dog certainly needs those things, but I’m talking about some cute and stylish things that are just plain fun. Take a look at my dog mom’s wish list.
- Pet Gate – I really believe that a pet gate is a must in a home with a puppy, but so many of them are just downright ugly. This one definitely adds a bit of flair to the home, don’t you think?
- WonderWoof Bowtie – This little beauty is an accessory that attaches to your dog’s collar to track her analytics to make sure she’s getting enough physical activity based upon her size, breed, and age. It works in conjunction with an app for your phone, to let you know what your dog is up to, even when you’re not with her. So cool.
- Pet Sofa Bed – Isn’t this adorable? I love pet furniture that is stylish, fun, and functional, and I can totally see my new pup, Georgie, lounging on this sofa bed in the evening while the family is watching TV or reading by the fireplace.
- Pet Steps – Small dogs may have trouble getting up onto a bed or sofa, and these steps are the perfect solution.
- Pet Stroller – We plan on taking Georgie on a lot of outings once warmer weather arrives, and a cute pet stroller is a great way to comfortably and safely transport her. These are especially awesome in crowded areas like a busy mall, or in situations where Mom needs to keep her hands free for shopping.
- Pet Fountain – My pets love water fountains, and this one is just gorgeous. A perfect way to make sure they drink plenty of water, especially in the heat of summer.
- Petzi Treat Cam – Want to connect with your dog even when you’re away from home? Maybe even give her a treat? This treat cam makes it a snap. Love it!
- Pet Crate End Table – What a nice change from those ugly old wire dog cages. It’s really the best of both worlds: a comfortable, safe place for your dog, as well as a stylish end table that blends seamlessly with your decor.
See what I mean? These items are fun and stylish, and not necessarily required for a well-run home with pets, but they sure do make things a little bit nicer.
What’s on your dog mom (or dad) wish list? I’d love for you to share it with me in a comment below!
Psst! This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on one of these links and make a purchase, we may receive an itty bitty commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligated to make your purchase using our links, but when you do, you get something super duper awesome and we make a little pocket change. Win-win, wouldn’t you say?