As a dog mom and a life-long lover of all animals, it’s really important to me to use products that are cruelty-free and safe for use around pets. This includes the cleaning supplies I use in my home, as well as the personal products I use every day. That’s why today I’m sharing my very own cruelty-free morning skin care routine with you.
As you read below, you will see that many of the products in my skin care routine are from Origins. I trust Origins because their skin care line is so incredible and they are committed to earth-friendly practices like using natural ingredients and planting trees to improve the environment.
Best of all, Origins does not do animal testing. In fact, a company representative told me the following:
“Origins is committed to the elimination of animal testing and does not participate in product or ingredient testing, nor ask others to test on our behalf, except when required by law. Our finished products are evaluated in clinical tests on volunteer panels.”
I consider it a real victory when I find products that are not only amazing and effective, but are also made by a reputable, responsible company like Origins. It’s brands like this one that are truly making a positive impact in our world, for people and pets.
My morning skin care routine is really simple, just 5 easy peasy steps that take me just a few minutes to complete to make me ready to face the day.
This blog post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you. Thank you for supporting my blog and small business!
A Dog Mom’s Cruelty-Free Morning Skin Care Routine
1) Wash face. I start my morning skin care routine by washing my face with Origins A Perfect World Antioxidant Cleanser. This is my favorite facial cleanser ever because it prevents skin-aging oxidation, deterioration, dryness, and it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin.
2) Apply eye cream. The little bags under my eyes need all the help they can get, which is why I love Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream. It instantly de-puffs and reduces dark circles under the eyes, and it makes me immediately look more awake.
3) Moisturize. There’s no better daily moisturizer than Origins VitaZing SPF 15. Described as a “multi-tasking moisturizer that hydrates, energizes, and protects”, this one’s got just a hint of color that makes it perfect for using in place of regular foundation. My skin truly feels invigorated and energized when I use it, and I love that using it means I can skip a little bit of makeup.
4) Apply mascara. Even though I don’t like to wear much makeup, I do like a little touch of mascara and Origins GinZing Brightening Mascara is amazing. It lengthens and lifts eyelashes, giving an immediate boost of fullness. It’s ophthalmologist tested, and I’ve never had any issues using it while wearing contact lenses.
5) Apply lip balm. Don’t forget your lips when you’re doing your daily skin care routine. I love eos lip balms because they are hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested, and paraben and petrolatum free. They also come in great flavors and keep my lips soft and moisturized. And good news: eos doesn’t do any animal testing. Yay!
Once my morning skin care routine is complete, I’m ready to start my day with a little dog-friendly yoga.
As you may have noticed, many of the products I use are a bit more expensive than your average drugstore products, but trust me when I say they are totally worth it. I truly believe that “you get what you pay for” when it comes to skin care products, and I never want to skimp when it comes to taking care of my skin.
Plus, I’ve noticed that when I use a high quality product like those from Origins, it’s not necessary to use as much so it tends to last longer than some of the cheaper stuff. In fact, I purchase most of the items no more than 2 or 3 times per year.
What are some of your favorite cruelty-free skin care routine items?
I’d love for you to share them with me in a comment below, or stop by my private Facebook group for dog moms and join in the conversation there! And be sure to check out more of my favorite cruelty-free beauty products here!