One of my goals for 2017 is a completely cruelty-free beauty routine. It can be a struggle to find high quality products that work well and have not been tested on animals, and that’s why I recently shared my cruelty-free skin care routine with you.
Today I want to take things a bit further and share my cruelty-free hair care routine with you. These products are made by companies with responsible manufacturing processes, using ingredients that are natural, healthy, and safe, and no animal testing. These products are great for dog moms (cat moms, too!), and they will leave you with beautiful, soft, amazingly fragrant hair that you will love.
A Dog Mom’s Cruelty-Free Hair Care Routine
- Wash hair with Acure Clarifying Shampoo. The lemongrass scent of this shampoo is amazing, and it really does an incredible job cleaning my hair. It’s also paraben, sulfate, silicone, sodium chloride, phthalate, and synthetic fragrance free. Win!
- Condition hair with Acure Clarifying Conditioner. This conditioner pairs perfectly with the shampoo mentioned above, and it can be used every single day without making hair feel heavy or limp.
- Style with Kiss My Face Mousse. I searched high and low for a mousse that was made with gluten free ingredients, containing no parabens, phthalates, or SLS. This is it! Or… if you prefer a styling cream instead of mousse, This one from Andalou Naturals is pretty awesome.
- Finish with Andalou Naturals hair spray. I like just a little bit of hold, and this spray is perfect. It’s made with natural and fair-trade ingredients, with a minimum 70% certified organic content, and it won’t make hair stiff or weighed down.
- Once a week, deep condition with Briogeo Deep Conditioning Mask. I can’t say enough about this fabulous conditioner. It contains 98% naturally-derived ingredients, with no parabens, silicones, or phthalates. It’s perfect for all hair types and it really makes a difference in the overall condition of my hair.
If you like to color your hair, you probably already know that finding a cruelty-free hair color that is made with quality ingredients is a little bit like finding a needle in a haystack. That’s why I was so thrilled to find Madison Reed, hair color that is free of ammonia, parabens, resorcinol, PPD, phthalates, and gluten. They’re also certified by Leaping Bunny.
Now let’s be real. The price tag on these items may be a bit higher than the products you’re currently using, but trust me when I say they are of the highest quality and will make your hair beautiful. I’ve also found that really good products tend to last longer than the cheap stuff, so even though it costs a little more, you won’t have to purchase as often. For example, I purchase the Briogeo deep conditioning mask about one time a year.
High quality, cruelty-free hair care products that are safe for the environment are an investment in your health and beauty.
What are some of your favorite cruelty-free hair care routine items?
I’d love for you to share them with me in a comment below! And be sure to check out more of my favorite cruelty-free beauty products here!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one and then make a purchase, we may receive a teeny tiny commission at no additional cost to you. Of course you are never obligated to make your purchase using our links but when you do, an amazing thing happens: you get something super awesome and we make a little pocket change. We call that a win-win!