Y’all, I love donuts. They’re one of my all-time favorite foods. And while I’d never give my dogs a real donut, I am in love with these DIY toy donuts for dogs.
Today I want to share this fun and simple make-at-home project with you, and I’m betting you and your dog will love it just as much as I do.
I love making toys for my dogs using repurposed items from around the house. Remember these fun toys made from old t-shirts?
These adorable toy donuts for dogs are made with old socks and just a few other simple supplies. Take a look.
This blog post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you. Thank you for supporting my blog and small business!
To get started, gather all of your supplies, including scissors, hot glue gun, and non-toxic puffy paint. The best thing about this DIY project is that you can use old socks, so now you’ve finally got a good use for all those unmated socks!
Pretty simple, right? And the results are simply adorable, if I do say so myself.
They almost look good enough to eat, don’t they? You’re only limited by your imagination when it comes to this fun project!
One note: I strongly recommend using non-toxic fabric paint. Also, be sure to supervise your pet at all times when she’s playing with toys.
- Socks - any color
- Felt - any color
- Squeaker - optional
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Yarn - optional
- Puffy paint - optional
- 1. Cut the toes off of your sock and turn the sock inside out
- 2. Cuff sock and fold about 2 inches inward.
- 3. Stuff that pocket with stuffing and squeaker until it's firm all around.
- 4. Roll the sock so inward pull tight (forms a good donut hole). Do this until you are at the end of your sock.
- 5. Hot glue the edge of the sock down so it is secure.
- 6. Place donut on your felt and draw an irregular shape so that it mimics frosting or glaze when cut out.
- 7. Cut out the shape and hot glue in down.
- 8. Cut out a hole in the center and hot glue around that edge to hold in place.
- 9. Decorate with puffy paint or yarn and hot glue.
So what do you think? Will you be making some of these fun toy donuts for your dog? Let me know in a comment below!