If your house is anything like mine, there’s a pet bed in almost every room. Nike and Georgie have beds in the family room, our bedroom, both my husband’s office and mine, and in the basement where we often watch movies and sports.
Although I don’t have an issue with our dogs sitting beside us on the people furniture, having their own space is nice because it gives everyone ample room to stretch out and get comfy when we’re hanging out as a family.
This blog post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you. Thank you for supporting my blog and small business!
There are so many amazing pet beds on the market today, and to be honest, you can spend just about anything you want on a bed for your dog or cat. We’re big fans of the Brentwood Home pet bed, and Nike enjoys the AKC pet bed.
To be honest, Georgie is perfectly happy fluffing up a blanket and nesting in it, and that’s what gave me the idea for the DIY no-sew pet bed.
This little project is perfect because I do not sew. Like, I can barely sew a button on a shirt. I love to do crafty things, but if they require a needle and thread, I’m usually not very interested.
With this amazing little no-sew pet bed, there is literally no sewing. Just some cutting with scissors and some tying knots. Seriously, it’s that simple. You can create one of these little beauties in under an hour.
Start by gathering your supplies. You won’t need much, and it’s possible you’ve already got everything you need.
- 1.5 yard of fleece fabric: 3/4 yard for the top and 3/4 yard for the bottom;
- Stuffing – this can be an old bed pillow, or you can even use old shirts and towels.
A few tips and tricks:
- You can coordinate your no-sew pet bed with your home decor by choosing colors and patterns that work together. There are so many options to choose from; see just a few of the different fleece colors and prints you can choose from here.
- When cutting the strips for the “fringe”, you can use pinking shears rather than regular scissors. This is a personal choice, obviously, and using regular scissors is fine.
As you can see from the photo below, my friend’s dog, Samson, really loves the no-sew pet bed. I’m betting your dog (or cat!) will, too. If you decide to try this project, please share your photos in my private Facebook group! We’d love to see what you come up with!
- 1.5 yard of fleece fabric: 3/4 yard for the top and 3/4 yard for the bottom
- Stuffing – this can be an old bed pillow, or you can even use old shirts and towels
- Lay your fleece on top of each other on the floor, and then place your pillow (or other stuffing) on the fleece
- Make sure you have about 5 inches around each edge of your pillow and cut out a large rectangle
- Cut out four, 4 inch by 4 inch squares, from each corner
- Cut 4 inch strips every 1 1/2 inches (will look like fringe), do this around each edge
- Tie the strips in a double knot, along three of the four sides
- Once you get to the last side, insert your pillow (or other stuffing)
- Finish tying your double knots along the last edge and your bed is ready to go!