It’s no secret I’m a huge movie lover, and my favorites are chick flicks. What can I say… I’m a sucker for a sappy love story and a happy ending.
What I really love is when I find a chick flick that features a really great dog. That’s the kind of movie that’s likely to become one of my all-time favorites, and I’ll bet those are the kind of movies you like, too, and that’s why I’m excited to share my top 5 chick flicks for dog lovers.
My Top 5 Chick Flicks for Dog Lovers
1) Must Love Dogs – Of course this one is on my list, and let’s be honest: if you’re dating, this should be number one on the list of qualities you’re looking for in a mate. Must love dogs, or I don’t have time for you.
2) Sweet Home Alabama – The big hound dog in this one is just too adorable for words, and he really makes you question the main character’s sanity. I mean, what kind of girl could ever leave a dog like that behind?
3) You’ve Got Mail – Tom Hanks’ character, Joe Fox, has an adorable dog named Brinkley, which is what my dog would’ve been named had my shoe-nut son not named her Nike first.
4) The Truth About Cats & Dogs – This one is cute for so many reasons, not the least of which is the male lead’s charming accent and this adorable dog on roller skates. If you haven’t seen this one, check it out soon. You won’t be sorry.
5) Lady and the Tramp – Oh come on, you know this doggie love story is the ultimate chick flick. How about that spaghetti-sharing scene? Oh so adorable. Need I say more?
What are some of your favorite movies that feature memorable dogs? Tell me in a comment below… and by the way, they don’t have to be chick flicks!