This post is sponsored by Spot Shot ® Pet Instant Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator.
I have to admit: I haven’t done a very good job taking care my Jeep Liberty this summer. I’ve been busy, and we’ve had a lot of rain. What’s the point of cleaning your car if all it ever does is rain?
But over the weekend we did get some sunshine and blue skies so I managed to wash the outside, and I love how it’s looking!
Now to tackle the inside! Who’s ready to get serious about a sparkling clean ride?
In this post, I will be focusing on cleaning the interior of your car. All of the products I recommend are pet-safe and pet-friendly, and they will do a great job of getting your vehicle ready for lots of late summer and fall adventures with your dog!
8 Car Cleaning Tips for Dog Moms
1) Vacuum your vehicle’s seats and carpeting thoroughly. I really like using my Black+Decker pet cordless hand vacuum for this task. It’s light-weight and easy to use, and it does an incredible job cleaning up dirt and pet hair. If you have odors in your seats and carpets, try using my DIY pet-safe carpet sprinkle before you vacuum.
2) Clean all surfaces inside your car with Method All-Purpose Cleaner, including the dashboard, leather or vinyl seats, and steering wheel. This does a great job removing dust and dirt, and it will leave a light, clean fragrance in your car.
If you’d rather not use a cleaner, microfiber cloths are also great for cleaning the inside of your car.
3) If you have stains on your car’s carpet, useSpot Shot ® Pet Instant Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator to remove them. It’s safe for use with pets and kids, and it’s environmentally friendly.
4) Clean your car’s windows with Method Natural Glass Cleaner. I love this spray because it cuts grease and grime, and it’s perfect for getting rid of all that doggy nose art and slobber on windows!
5) Use heavy-duty rubber floor mats to protect your vehicle’s carpeting. These are perfect for catching anything you or your pet bring into your car on your shoes and feet, and they’re super easy to clean.
6) Protect your seats from your pet’s dirty feet and shedding with a seat cover from Kurgo. These are easy to install and remove, and they do an amazing job keeping seats clean and protected.
7) If you don’t want to use a seat cover, always carry a blanket for your pet. It’s easy to lay this on your car seat to help catch dirt, sand, or anything else your adventurous dog might be covered with after an outing in the car.
These are just a few suggestions for getting your car in tip top shape for the coming months. Whether you’re traveling cross country or just running errands, everyone likes a nice, clean car and my tips will help keep your ride looking and smelling great.
Do you have pet-friendly car cleaning tips?
I’d love for you to share them with me in a comment below! Also, feel free to share a photo of your dog in your car over on our Facebook page!
*This post is sponsored by Spot Shot® Pet Instant Carpet Stain & Odor Eliminator, but all opinions are our own.