But have no fear! Today I’m partnering with Wayfair to show you 5 ways to bring the beach to your home for a fun and relaxing day with the family… pets included!
5 Ways to Bring the Beach to Your Home
1) Start by creating a comfortable place to hang out. If you have a deck or patio, an outdoor table and chairs with a cool beach umbrella is a must for providing shade from the hot sun. This amazing real bamboo umbrella brings a touch of tropical style to your backyard beach party.
2) Add an outdoor lounge chair where you can comfortably kick back and catch a few rays while you read a good book or take a quick nap. Did I mention that this chair, as well as the umbrella, ship free?
3) Make sure to grab yourself an oversized beach towel. They’re a great way to dry off after a dip in the pool. I love flip flops, so this beach towel is one of my favorites!
4) Don’t have a pool? If you have the space for it, consider a baby pool. Your dog will love it (mine sure do!), and you can cool off in it yourself!
5) And last but not least, make yourself a tropical adult beverage to sip as you lounge in the sun. Check out my recipe below for creating a traditional Mai Tai cocktail. Be sure to pour your drink into a fun, beachy glass like this adorable Tiki God glass.
How do you bring the beach to your home? I’d love for you to tell me about it in a comment below, or stop by my Facebook page to join in the conversation there!
And now, for that Mai Tai recipe. Please don’t indulge if you’re under 21, and always drink responsibly.
- 3⁄4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 oz rock candy syrup (2 parts sugar, 1 part water)
- 1⁄4 oz almond syrup
- 1⁄2 oz orange curaçao
- 2 oz rum
- Orange slices for garnish
- Add all the ingredients to a shaker and fill with crushed ice.
- Shake vigorously until the shaker is chilled and frosty on the outside.
- Pour into a glass.
- Garnish with a slice of orange and a fresh mint sprig.
This post is sponsored by Wayfair. I have been compensated by Wayfair to tell you about their products, but all opinions are my own.