Do you let your dog hang out in the kitchen?
I know a lot of dog parents think this is a bad idea, but we’ve never had an issue with Nike and Georgie joining us when we’re making dinner or cleaning up afterwards. They’re well-mannered, and they’re usually little angels while hanging out when their daddy and I are cooking.
I find it funny, though, that when our dogs see us bring out certain ingredients, it definitely grabs their attention. A jar of peanut butter or an apple fresh from the fridge always gets both Nikes and Georgie drooling and hoping that maybe they’re about to get a treat.
You can imagine how excited they get when they see us in the kitchen whipping up a batch of peanut butter and apple sauce cookies. And now they’ve got a brand new favorite: these oh so simple to make apple cheddar dog biscuits.
Of course Nike and Georgie love these treats because they’re delicious and contain all of their favorite flavors, but Mom loves them because the ingredients are wholesome and it’s so quick and easy to pop a batch in the oven.
In no time flat, we’ve got fresh, healthy treats, and that’s something every dog mom – or dad – can feel good about, right?
This blog post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links, I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you. Thank you for supporting my blog and small business!
And check this out: as a special little gift for my readers, I’d love for you to download this cute recipe card for all of your doggie recipes. Just click directly on the image below to download and save to your computer.
Enjoy the recipe card, and if you decide to whip up a batch of these apple cheddar dog biscuits for your own mutt, please let me know! I’d love for you to share a photo in my private Facebook group for dog moms!
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 T water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- Place dough onto parchment paper and using a rolling pin, roll dough until 1/2 to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out desired shapes and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before sharing.
- Place in an air tight container on the counter for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months (let thaw before serving).