Many people enjoy baking Christmas cookies around this time of year, and I’m no exception. But the sad look on my dogs’ faces as they lay on the kitchen floor, watching tray after tray of delicious looking, heavenly smelling people cookies coming out of the oven, well, it just makes me sad. Why should they be left out of the fun and food of the holidays?
That’s why I set out to find some of the yummiest – and healthiest – doggy cookie recipes around, and today I’m sharing a few of my very favorites. This season when you’re doing your holiday baking, why not make your mutt happy with a few of these tasty treats.
- Snowflake Cookies from Pretty Fluffy
- Carob Chip Cookies from Minnie in Manhattan
- Blueberry Dog Cookies from Lola the Pitty
- Apple Bacon Oatmeal Cookies from Homemade Dog Treats Now
- Peanut Butter & Carob Cookies from My Brown Newfies
- Ginger Banana Gluten Free Cookies from Gluten Free Canteen
- Whole Wheat & Peanut Butter Biscuits from Recipe Diaries
- Puppermint Dog Treats from Crayons & Collars
- Sweet Potato & Carrot Cookies from Kol’s Notes
- Pineapple Pork Cookies from Doggy Dessert Chef
What do you think? Which of these recipes will you be trying this holiday season? If you whip up some cookies and your dog loves them, why not share a photo on The Lazy Pit Bull Facebook page?